5.23.2014

I don't know if the Sacrament of Reconciliation is the cause of this, but I went to confession today.

I had a good confession. Where you start singing the the HSM song "Start of Something New" kind of confession.

With the sacrament came peace, and my first visit to the chapel in a state of grace that allowed me to have some spiritual alone time. Which is good.

Then the spiritual cloud started shifting at a rapidly descending pace.

About a month ago at my last confession, I ran into someone who was so wonderfully full of the Lord's love. She mentioned a book to me about Mother Theresa's spiritual drought.

Something that I should probably get a hold of for some spiritual nourishment.

But is this what true spiritual struggle feels like? My soul is (almost) pure. (Haven't quite finished my penance yet.) This feeling of emptiness, not to be confused with sadness.

Paralleled with this anxious ball of fire that bounces around in the house that is my body and soul.

I am not living my life to its fullness and I'm not sure why.

I don't know what to incorporate into my life to pursue this emptiness. A Novena? Daily mass? Holy hours with the Eucharist in Adoration?

Mama Mary, pray for us..

No comments:

Post a Comment